Disgrace & glory (part II)

Launching A Dream

When the demands grew bigger and more than I could handled, I started to offer the job to my friends. I thought of an idea on how to keep the money flowing into my pocket without having me working on every single paper.

The idea is networking. I made a network of 5-6 people to do the job and took 20% commission on each client as a project finder & founder. We translate or type a page of article for RM1.50. That is very reasonable compared to some translator who requested RM5.00/page! To give my networkers a boost of motivation, they get 100% profit out from their first client. However, at those times, little did I realize I was building a network, a very powerful tool for entrepreneur to become successful.


When business gets better, I felt it is time to promote and advertise the services. So I began designing posters and get my housemates to evaluate it. Was the poster understandable? Was it too crowded? Does it focused enough on the service or is it too general? I posted them on every faculties and notice board around campus.

We translate or type a page of article for RM1.50. That is very reasonable compared to some translator who requested RM5.00/page! Pasting ads in campus needs approval. I had to get the faculty’s cop and staff-on-duty’s signature. Once approved, my posters were everywhere.


Students beginning to rang my cellphone. Old friends appeared at my door. New friends become buddies.

3 comments:

Dik Mal said...

cheeze...this is good...this is what i am trying to do...but i got few small problems that get me stuck somewhere..

the sales letter..what should i write on it...hurm..

and things keep appear in my mind..does this service legal..coz i think off, students ask us to write on thier assignment...

btw,translation is good...John Lee from UTM has prove it rite:)

Anonymous said...

truth will set you free:

For everyone who wants to be John Lee, read what these people have to say:


http://www.proz.com/blueboard/5754


These are professional translators all around the world who were not paid by John Lee. Please note that the rating of "1" is the lowest rating possible for a translation company.

This boy John owes these people hard-earned money and he has since gone into hiding, not returning their calls or emails.

John asked these people to translate several thousands of words and pages for him, and he did not pay them. Now he has pictures on the web riding a Mercedes. Wow! What a Model Malaysian!

Some of these poor workers have even sued him for amounts ranging from as low as USD80 to as high as USD3,500.

His so-called "company", Epsilon Translation, has now been BANNED on Proz.com for these dirty practices.

Figure out for your self, you can get the details of what these people have said by logging in to ProZ.com.

Is it hard to figure out that I am one of these victims of his fraud? Yes. I hope not anyone of you fall victim to his scam.

Try calling his number (+60168665316) and ask yourself, why is it always on answering machine....?

To those who bought the book, sorry you should have spent your hard-earned money on someone else with at least a grain of integrity in his/her soul.

clue said...

really? we have no idea about it.
ill let my friends know about this.